[geeklog-devel] More automation (was: Feature freeze)

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun May 8 14:07:39 EDT 2011

> Success: The "nightly" tarball is now created every hour (assuming there were changes) via Jenkins.

And to further automate things, the release tarball for 1.8.0rc1 was now also created automatically by a Jenkins job.

  http://project.geeklog.net:8080/job/geeklog-release/

The idea is to allow others to roll out a Geeklog release if necessary. The new Jenkins job checks for any new tags that start with "geeklog_". So simply tagging a version, e.g.

  hg tag -r 8272 geeklog_1_8_0rc1

triggers the creation of a tarball geeklog-1.8.0rc1.tar.gz, which then also ends up in a predefined directory on www.geeklog.net. The next step would be to add that file to the submission queue of the File Management plugin automatically so that it doesn't require any access to the file system on the server. Maybe in time for the official 1.8.0 release ...

Okay, so there's some fine tuning left to be done. Part of the release tarball is the changed-files text file that lists the files that changed since the previous version. Figuring out what the "previous version" actually is would probably fail right now if we had to do, say, a 1.7.2sr1 tomorrow. It also assumes that the tarball for the previous version is available (which currently isn't). I'll work on those.

Anyway, I hope the general idea is clear? Feedback welcome.