[geeklog-devel] More automation (was: Feature freeze)

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Sun May 15 07:21:35 EDT 2011

I have issues with updating plugins as well. For example, with my
"search word ranking" plugin, if you do the following:

* install a plugin v1.0.0
* disable this plugin
* upload version 1.1.0
* enable plugin back
* "update" icon shows up
* click on update icon
* upgrade works perfect

However, if you do this:

* install plugin v1.0.0
* upload version 1.1.0
* autoupdate takes place
* Geeklog reports that version 1.1.0 is installed, but it's not true.
plugin_upgrade_foobar() was never called. So the files are up to date,
but the database as well as the configuration settings are from version
1.0.0

In both of the above cases I'm talking about uploading a tarball through
the form on admin/plugins.php, not FTP or anything like that.

Files needed to reproduce (note: there are only 4 config settings in
version 1.0.0 and 8 config settings in 1.1.0):

http://www.placella.com/gl/searchrank_1.0.0_1.6.0.tar.gz
http://www.placella.com/gl/searchrank_1.1.0hg_1.6.0.tar.gz

I couldn't trace the problem to anywhere, so it might be in my code,
though I doubt it...

Rouslan