[geeklog-devel] Updating the changelog
dirk at haun-online.de
Sun May 15 16:08:32 EDT 2011
> What we do at work is to generate the changelog from our bugtracker (JIRA - haven't checked what Mantis offers in terms of APIs).
Mantis has a SOAP API. Fortunately, there are wsdl2php converters, so it's not too painful. I've managed to extract something that vaguely resembles our changelog entries, e.g.
--- snip ---
- Staticpage Plugin Function plugin_getiteminfo_staticpages does not always return correct data (Bugs #1342) [Laugh]
- Calendar Week view date range may not display correctly (Bugs #1340) [Laugh]
- Font size of Calendar is so small. (Feature Requests #1329) [Laugh]
- "Mail users" lose all filled in values upon error (Patches #1270) [Roccivic]
- Speed up template class (Patches #1302) [Laugh]
- Oauth accounts get logged out after 2 minutes of inactivity (Bugs #1334) [Laugh]
--- snip ---
So looks like this would be doable. We just need to take a little bit more care about the subject and don't be afraid to update or rewrite it. As I said before:
> But even there we had to add a field "summary for the changelog" and have a person performing the task of an editor to ensure that what ends up in the changelog is presentable to our customers ...
> But if we were to automate extraction of the changelog from the bugtracker, it would we easy to do just that. I.e. run the process, check contents, edit description where necessary, re-run process.
More information about the geeklog-devel