[geeklog-devel] Plugin upgrade failure (was: More automation)

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Sun May 22 10:13:42 EDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-21 at 13:54 -0700, Joe Mucchiello wrote:
> > The problem was that while we replaced the plugin's functions.inc, we were
> >still
> > calling the upgrade function from the old copy, which was still in memory at
> >this
> > point.
>
> This has always bothered me. Why is plugin_upgrade_foo in functions.inc? It
> should
> be in the autoinstall.php file that only gets loaded by the installer code.
> There
> are lots of ways this could be done in the future to avoid the COM_refresh. Not
> that any of those methods are useful days before 1.8 goes live. Maybe the
> location
> of functions within the plugins can be targeted for 1.9 (also needed for my
> comments
> a few months ago about reducing Geeklog's memory footprint).

While certainly a good idea for the memory issue, I'd say that this
won't help for the problem with the plugin upgrade that we are having.
Since 1.8.0, Geeklog loads the autoinstall.php of each plugin when the
admin visits ./public_html/admin/plugins.php. This is necessary to
extract the information about plugin dependencies.

Rouslan