[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Sessions

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Tue Oct 4 10:04:35 EDT 2011

Okay,

I have Geeklog tracking ongoing anonymous sessions properly now.  At some
point I will be adding a column to the sessions table called topic. The
topic column will be added to the $_User variable and will allow Geeklog and
plugins to figure out which topic to display.

I am thinking that I should add a another column to the sessions table for
the who's online block. Right now the who's online block deletes records
from the sessions table that reaches the Session Threshold defined in the
configuration under the who's online block (default 300 seconds). We also
have the  Session Timeout (default 2 hours) and Permanent Timeout options
under Cookies. I think the session records should only be deleted when the
Session Timeout is reached. The who's online block should just flag records
in the sessions table that do not meet its standard of being online.

Tom