[geeklog-devel] Topics and Featured articles

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Mon Oct 31 14:19:23 EDT 2011

For now I have decided to leave featured topics working pretty much as is.
Initially the thought was to move the featured flag from the stories table
and store the article id that is featured in the topic, in the topic table.
This will not work as expected since this will not let me store if an
article is featured or not, if the article is published in the future. The
other issue is that storing the featured article id in the topic table
doesn't help if I need to figure out if it is a homepage featured story
since I still need that featured flag found in the stories table.

All of this of course could be thought over and fixed but I have a bit more
work than I thought here converting stories to multiple topics.

So, or now featured articles will work pretty much the same as before. If a
story is featured it will be considered feature for all topics it is in.