[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 2.0 and Geeklog.net

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Mon Aug 27 07:51:12 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Well I am back from vacation with the family and I have had a good summer. I
hope all of you have as well.  I have loads of non Geeklog work to catch up
on J and I need to get the kids ready for school so my plan to update
Geeklog.net with Geeklog 2.0 will not happen this week like I hoped.

I see we have a few more bugs so I hope to squash those this week and get to
updating Geeklog.net by the end of next week with Geeklog 2.0.

With the new update Geeklog.net will be using the new Modern theme.  I will
also be changing the article Topic and forum structure a bit as discussed
before (http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Geeklog.net_Redesign). The forum
plugin will also be updated on Geeklog.net with the latest code we have in
the repository (http://code.google.com/p/geeklog/).

At some point soon I would like to see the homepage overhauled along with a
number of other pages found under the resources block .  If you have the
time and would like to contribute please speak up with your ideas.

I would also like to see a Team members page added. As mentioned on the
redesign page I think it should contain:

A short history of Geeklog with a list of Geeklogs current (and past) team
members. The list could include:

A photo

Their role

A short blurb about them