[geeklog-devel] Geeklog.net Site Redesign - Topic Ideas

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Tue Feb 21 20:57:40 EST 2012

Since Geeklog 1.9.0 will support child topics when we upgrade Geeklog.net I
think we should make use of this feature (if it makes sense).

Are current Topic list is:

** Geeklog
** AptitudeCMS
** Announcements
** Summer of Code
** Security
** Plugins
** Server
** Bugs (Private)
** Spam
** Developers Only (Private)

My first thought is what do we do with the AptitudeCMS topic? Do we just
delete it or should we just have an Archive topic that we stick the
AptitudeCMS topic in? When I say archive I do not mean necessarily using the
archive feature of Geeklog, I just mean a regular topic that we can stick
old topics in that we do not use anymore.

Proposed Topic list:

** Development
*** Geeklog
*** Plugins
*** Themes
** News
*** Announcements
*** Summer of Code
*** Security
*** Server
** Archive
*** AptitudeCMS
*** Bugs (Private)
*** Developers Only (Private)

All parent topics would be set to inherit articles from their child topics.
Remember as well articles can belong to multiple topics so an article on a
forum plugin security fix could go in the security topic as well as the
plugins topic.

Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions?