[geeklog-devel] postgresql and Geeklog 2.0.0b1

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Jul 3 04:34:22 EDT 2012

Quoting Dan Stoner <danstoner at gmail.com>:

> I just got back from a tech conference and I'm a little fired up about
> open source again.  I allocated some time to test Geeklog with
> postgresql.

Thanks for doing that.

Please note that Postgres support in 2.0.0b1 is very buggy and barely
working. I made a few tweaks since then, so if you have the time, try
a nightly tarball (or wait for b2).

> 3.  The admin account with default password of "password" did not seem
> to exist or let me log in.

Works for me (now - I think this was one of the post-b1 fixes that I
had to make).

> 4.  The main page seemed to render ok, as do some of the sub-pages,
> but many of them error out with "Unfortunately, an error has occurred
> rendering this page. Please try again later."

You may want to enable root debugging (in siteconfig.php). It'll not
only print the error message directly in the browser window, but also
displays a call stack so that you can see where the call is coming
from (an error in pgsql.class.php isn't all that helpful - the faulty
SQL was usually created elsewhere).

> Looking in my geeklog error log, I see:
(snip)
These look familiar and should hopefully be fixed now.

> Let me know what I can do to help.

See above. Please note that I'm testing locally with Postgres 9.1, so
it'll be interesting to see if there are other problems with 8.1.