[geeklog-devel] postgresql and Geeklog 2.0.0b1
danstoner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 11:09:00 EDT 2012
I tried the nightly tarball with root debugging enabled.
I had a few issues related to filesystem permissions (not postgres),
once those were fixed things got better.
I was able to log in with Admin and default password. After clicking
around a bit, most of the functionality seems to be ok (the admin
panels are accessible).
However, the main index page fails with the following:
An error has occurred:
This is being displayed as "Root Debugging" is enabled in your Geeklog
If this is a production website you must disable this option once you
have resolved any issues you are investigating.
2 - pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: column "gl_stories.date" must
appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function @
# Function File Line
1 pg_query /var/www/private/pgblog_private/system/databases/pgsql.class.php 350
2 dbQuery /var/www/private/pgblog_private/system/lib-database.php 213
3 DB_query /var/www/private/pgblog_private/system/lib-syndication.php 99
4 SYND_feedUpdateCheckAll /var/www/private/pgblog_private/system/lib-syndication.php 210
5 SYND_feedUpdateCheck /var/www/sites/thatlinuxbox.com/pgblog/lib-common.php 2662
6 COM_rdfUpToDateCheck /var/www/sites/thatlinuxbox.com/pgblog/index.php 154
string(229) "SELECT sid FROM gl_stories, gl_topic_assignments ta
WHERE draft_flag = 0 AND date <= NOW() AND ta.type = 'article' AND
ta.id = sid AND (ta.tid IN ('General','Geeklog')) AND perm_anon > 0
GROUP BY sid ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 10"
In this case I didn't drop my database, so the install script did an
Upgrade, so I didn't get any issue about Superuser role. However, it
seems that the install script is adding the PLPGSQL stored procedure
language to the database (to the schema?), which does require
I guess some people's databases are created with that language by
default, in my stock config it is not.
- Dan Stoner
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 4:34 AM, Dirk Haun <dirk at haun-online.de> wrote:
> Quoting Dan Stoner <danstoner at gmail.com>:
>> I just got back from a tech conference and I'm a little fired up about
>> open source again. I allocated some time to test Geeklog with
> Thanks for doing that.
> Please note that Postgres support in 2.0.0b1 is very buggy and barely
> working. I made a few tweaks since then, so if you have the time, try a
> nightly tarball (or wait for b2).
>> 3. The admin account with default password of "password" did not seem
>> to exist or let me log in.
> Works for me (now - I think this was one of the post-b1 fixes that I had to
>> 4. The main page seemed to render ok, as do some of the sub-pages,
>> but many of them error out with "Unfortunately, an error has occurred
>> rendering this page. Please try again later."
> You may want to enable root debugging (in siteconfig.php). It'll not only
> print the error message directly in the browser window, but also displays a
> call stack so that you can see where the call is coming from (an error in
> pgsql.class.php isn't all that helpful - the faulty SQL was usually created
>> Looking in my geeklog error log, I see:
> These look familiar and should hopefully be fixed now.
>> Let me know what I can do to help.
> See above. Please note that I'm testing locally with Postgres 9.1, so it'll
> be interesting to see if there are other problems with 8.1.
> bye, Dirk
> geeklog-devel mailing list
> geeklog-devel at lists.geeklog.net
More information about the geeklog-devel