[geeklog-devel] Upgrade error with SEC_updateUserPassword

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 18:22:16 EST 2012

Yeah,

My fault. The USER_createPassword needed to be pulled out from the main
Geeklog install because running that function in 1.9.0 will mess things up.
So I changed the update script for 1.7.2 not to use it, not considering
that the database wouldn't (yet) be to 1.9.0 configuration yet.

I'll have to move the code from USER_createPassword into the 1.7.2 upgrade
script. I'll work on that today.

In the future, should we avoid using Geeklog code in the upgrade scripts to
prevent this sort of catch 22?

-Vinny