[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2012

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Thu Mar 8 09:55:02 EST 2012

I don't think I will be able to finish up my GSOC Topic Improvements Project
before the deadline. I have been sick for most of this week which has put me
behind on work things.

The project has become a bunch of mini projects. I think this has some
merits since unlike a single big project that may not get finished if a
student works on this project and doesn't finish it at least some of his
work should be useable right away.

http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/SoC_topic_improvements

The "New Plugin API" part was left over from The Category Plugin project.
When I added the new topics control I had wanted to use a new plugin api
that allowed other plugins (or core) to insert extra fields into edit forms
(ie articles, other plugins, etc.) and would take into account security,
previewing and saving of this data. This generic plugin interface didn't
happen due to lack of time but I still think it is a good idea. I do think
though that as a whole The GSOC Topic Improvements Project is probably too
big and this idea may be the first idea to be dropped.

Anyways if someone wants to take a stab at cleaning it up for me then go for
it else we may want to leave this project out this year.

Tom