[geeklog-devel] Constant XHTML

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Thu Mar 29 09:32:29 EDT 2012

That would be it.

So the language file needs to be loaded before the theme so that the
language direction is known but, we need to know what doctype the theme is
before we can set the XHTML constant which is used by the language files.

So to make this all work then we should NOT allow a themes function.php to
set the doctype config value I guess.

The question now becomes is how do we know the themes doctype? Here are a
few options I see:

1) The Geeklog Config option "DOCTYPE Declaration" applies to all themes.
This means on a multi theme site the Admins need to make sure his themes
comply
2) Create a new theme file that contains the doc type info that can be
loaded before the language files.
3) Both Option 1 and 2
4) ???

Any thoughts on this or an idea for a better solution?

Tom