[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 2.0.0

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Thu May 3 16:21:55 EDT 2012

Hey All,

I hope by the end of next week to complete adding breadcrumbs to the header
for the upgraded theme engine (requires me to update all the
COM_createHTMLDocument) and to update the config value 'support_theme_2.0'
to 'supported_version_theme' which will be based on the Geeklog version.

Is there anything else that needs to be done before we can release a beta of
Geeklog 2.0.0?

On a side note the Wiki will need a few updates about all the changes in
Geeklog 2.0.0 (not required for this beta release):

I still need to finish up the Topic Support stuff before the final release:
(it is just filled with my notes at the moment)

http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Topic_Support

We also need someone to update our themes wiki pages along with the themes
doc pages (that explains all the template variables) which has sorely lacked
some updates over the last few years.

http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Themes
http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Theme_Developers_Guide

http://www.geeklog.net/docs/english/themevars.html

We should also explain what COM_createHTMLDocument is and how it is
replacing COM_siteHeader and COM_siteFooter

http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Geeklog%27s_way_of_doing_things

There is also a number of spots when you search the wiki for COM_siteHeader
that need to be updated with the new function.

Finally we will need to write a post for the beta release of Geeklog 2.0.0
on Geeklog.net. We will need to figure out what we want to say.  A few
things that come to mind include:

- Need of translators
- Warn plugin developers of upcoming changes  that they need to consider for
supporting Geeklog 2.0.0 (topic, changes, editing the block table directly,
COM_createHTMLDocument)
- Warn Theme developers of upcoming changes and what they need to do to make
a theme fully support Geeklog 2.0.0
- ...

Thoughts?