[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 2.0.0rc1 Bugs

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Wed Oct 3 09:06:17 EDT 2012

One bug I noticed is that the anonymous users are not being tracked properly
for some reason. 

http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1487 (Default Topic for
Article with Multiple Topics is always Used for Anonymous Users)

This also probably causes this bug since the session information seems to be
getting lost:

http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1486 (Topic selection is
lost when trying to contribute a story as a Story Admin)


-----Original Message-----
From: geeklog-devel-bounces at lists.geeklog.net
[mailto:geeklog-devel-bounces at lists.geeklog.net] On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: October-02-12 2:51 PM
To: 'Geeklog Development'
Subject: [geeklog-devel] Geeklog.net and Geeklog 2.0.0rc1

Hi All,

I went ahead and released Geeklog 2.0.0rc1 today and updated Geeklog.net to
the RC1.

It took a while (backups, copying files, etc..) but I only had a few small
hiccups that really just related to the commentfeed and forum plugin

I also went ahead and switched over Geeklog.net to use the new Modern Curve

The topics are also now updated to the new structure that we defined in the
Redesign wiki document.

Besides fixing any bugs that crop up, one thing is apparent that we need to
concentrate on fixing soon. The speed of the site has dropped a fair bit.
This was expected to a certain extent because more complex sql statements
are needed now since we have child topics and allow stories to display in
multiple topics.

Speed on the Geeklog.net server is slow today for some reason. With the old
site I was seeing speeds on the homepage of roughly 1 to 3 seconds. (if I
recall from before this was usually under a second)

After upgrading to 2.0.0rc1 I am seeing speeds of roughly 1 to 6 seconds
(averaging around 3) on the homepage which sometimes spiked to 12 seconds
for some reason.

Obviously we need to fix this through more optimized sql statements, new
indexes, etc.. so the more help the better! :-)

Also if you notice anything out of wack on Geeklog.net post it on this
mailing list so we can get it fixed.

I forgot to mention that the forum has been updated as well to work with
Geeklog 2.0.0. If you notice any issues with it please let us know. I also
notice that when I enabled the upgraded forum on Geeklog.net that the site
seemed to slow by a second or so. This indicates the forum could also use a
bit of optimizing as well.



geeklog-devel mailing list
geeklog-devel at lists.geeklog.net

More information about the geeklog-devel mailing list