[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 2.0.0 Language Bug

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Wed Sep 26 11:32:45 EDT 2012

Grrr... I was about to release Geeklog 2.0.0 rc1 this morning along with
updating Geeklog.net when I ran across a topic/language bug that just took
up my morning trying to find out the cause and now I cannot reproduce it!

I noticed when I logged into Geeklog 2.0.0 that only the home topic was
showing for my admin user (even though I have about 10 topics). When I
logged out all the topics were visible. This is using the Geeklog.net data
so the site is setup with 2 languages (English and German) but all the
topics and stories are not language specific (so they should show up for all
languages).

I remember switching languages with the user a while ago and then switching
back to English so I wondered if this was the cause (since user language is
stored as a NULL before a change ever happens). Now the English language is
stored in the db for my user since I have switched it around a few times
during testing. With my testing I couldn't see where the problem was
(language can be stored in lots of places, cookies, etc..).

Anyways I started to play with the Language of the site under the
configuration to see if it happens under a different language. I put the
language to German formal for the site and then switched the user languages
and all the topics displayed fine. I then switched the site back to English
and the user language back to English and now it is displaying fine. The bug
disappeared on me.

Can a few of you running Geeklog 2.0.0 test the languages with the topics.
If no one can reproduce this bug by the end of the week I am not going to
worry about it then and go ahead and release RC1

Thanks