[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2013

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sat Apr 20 10:02:20 EDT 2013

I agree as well. I would think Geeklog 2.0.0 would also see a speed increase
if we could only store array session variables . Right now Geeklog has to
recreate the topic tree structure along with all of its properties every
single time someone loads a page. Topics once set usually do not change and
would be the same for every anonymous user so it would be ideal stored as a
session variable.

I haven't really played around much with sessions but I know there are a ton
of  PHP session classes out there. PHP even comes with a SessionHandler
class now (version 5.4.0 or higher I believe) though it probably has some
growing up to do.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Tom