[geeklog-devel] Registering My Favorite WYSIWYG HTML Editor

Yoshinori Tahara taharaxp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 09:53:09 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Now, two WYSIWYG HTML editors (CKEditor and FCKEditor) are integrated
with Geeklog in the repository, and you can change an editor by
changing a value of variable $_CONF['advanced_editor_name'] defined in
the lib-common.php provisionally.
Finally, I want to allow an administrator to change
$_CONF['advanced_editor_name'] in the configuration page easily by
selecting an editor name from the drop down list ('CKEditor',
'FCKEditor', 'TinyMCE', ...).
But what we should do more first is to build a mechanism to allow an
administrator to register his favorite editor.

I assumed that there are following two solutions.

1. Register the editor as the plugin

To that end, it is necessary to add new API to lib-plugins.php.
This means that it is necessary to provide a mechanism to pick valid
editors from the crowd of plugins and to register the result into
somewhere.

2. Treat the editor like the theme

Just as there is a "theme" directory for storing some themes, create
an "editor" directory for storing some editors.
Of course, it does not matter if you change the directory name to
"adveditor" from "editor".

Directory image before change:
    /public_html/fckeditor
    /public_html/ckeditor
    /public_html/tinymce

Directory image after change:
    /public_html/editor/fckeditor
    /public_html/editor/ckeditor
    /public_html/editor/tinymce

I like Solution 2 personally. Because it will be able to build a
mechanism more easily.

I wish to know your opinion.

Thanks

--