[geeklog-devel] Registering My Favorite WYSIWYG HTML Editor

Yoshinori Tahara taharaxp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 04:16:04 EDT 2013

Tom wrote:
> I like solution 2 better as well. This way Geeklog has full control of
the editor selected and you can have more than one editor installed. Doing
it the other way may create problems if you have 2 plugins installed that
each have a different editor.

Thanks for your agreement.
But I think even in the case of Solution 1, to be able to manage more than
one editor without problems.

Tom wrote:
> My one question is do we want the user to be able to select their own
advance editor if more than one is installed? I personally would say no. I
would want them to only use the one I have selected for the site.

I agree with your opinion.
However, we should allow the user to be able to select their own editor
like that the user can select their own theme.
It is up to the site administrator to give the right of choice to the user.

Tom wrote:
> The only other downside to me is that plugins are easy to install since
you can do it from the Geeklog plugin interface. At some point in the
future we should try to add an interface so webmasters can install themes
and editors directly from the Geeklog Admin.

I agree with your opinion.

Wim wrote:
> Agree with Tom, with one exception.
>
> I agree that is not up to the user to select a specific editor. But it is
up the role the user is playing.
> Comment posting could do entirely with the most basic editor available.
See what I mean at LinkedIn: they are using a fine feature for posting
comments; no decorations, only user experience.
> Than I guess a story admin, aka CMS user, would like to use the most
advanced editor available for drafting new stories.

I appreciate your opinion.
I also think I want to enable the selection of the feature of the editor
for the posting comments.

--
Yoshinori Tahara - dengen