[geeklog-devel] GSOC - Crowd Translation

Benjamin Talic b.ttalic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 07:23:51 EDT 2013

Speed was actually not the big issue, the problem was <form> submission -
apparently Geeklog uses LANG phrases as id's in forms, so there was a gap
between what the action PHP script expects to find and what is in the HTML.
Another problem was that in some instances the LANG phrases are shortened
e.g. the Calendar will display Mon instead of Monday (with the old approach
it would simply display _-s), and more than being a aesthetic issue in some
cases this would lead to infinite loops preventing the page from loading.

The new approach will not cause any of those issues as it does not change
the LANG phrases in any way, it simply "remembers" which phrases are used
on which URL. I have to say that I love the idea, hope I will be able to
work out the problems it has.

Ben