[geeklog-devel] Image Resize

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Dec 21 04:08:18 EST 2013

Tom wrote:

> GD is by far the most popular followed by imagemagick and in a very distant
> third would be netpbm. Does anyone have an opinion on any of these
> libraries? If I do decide to add in some sort of image class Geeklog will
> probably have to drop support for netpbm.

I'm find with dropping netpbm.

I just want to suggest that we support more than one option. gdlib is compiled into PHP, but not always available. For such a case, we should support another option, preferably something users can install themselves. netpbm may actually be easier to install than ImageMagick, though, but it appears to be rather exotic these days.

http://www.themobilepresenter.com/