[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 2.0.0 Articles and Multiple Topics

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Fri Jan 18 10:50:25 EST 2013

Okay my latest push to the repository has fixed the issue called "For
articles with 2 or more topics the incorrect topic icon may display in the
parent topic". I thought this was important enough to review on the mailing
list so everyone understands.

http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1509

There are 2 issues here. We need to make sure the right topic icon is
displaying for the article in the topic and when you click on the article
title to read the full article you are sent to the right topic. This can get
a little crazy since articles can belong to more than one topic and in any
level of the topic tree.

For example if you are viewing topic B that has a number of topics below it
(on 1 or more levels) and an article is inherited up to topic B from 2 or
more topics then the topic icon that is displayed for that article will be
first the current topic (if that topic assignment exists). If it doesn't
then it is the default topic if it exists in that topic tree branch. If not
then the next topic used will be the based on the topic id in ascending
order.

Articles displayed on the front page do not need to worry about which topic
is inherited so the  default topic for that article will be used.