[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Caching Config Options

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Mon Jul 1 12:27:02 EDT 2013

Okay these changes have been made.

I have also added caching of individual blocks (except for gldefault
blocks).

This is disabled by default but you can set a block cache time for x number
of seconds. This is ideal for blocks that require some processing time (ie
php blocks or blocks that use autotags) but the data displayed doesn't
change often. You also probably wouldn't use this if the block can change
based on direct user input or some other factor (like current topic). Blocks
are cached based on the user, language and theme.

I will probably add this functionality to staticpages as well in the near
future.

Tom