[geeklog-devel] Geeklog.net - File Management Plugin

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jun 1 09:14:04 EDT 2013

Tom wrote:

> What are your plans with the file management plugin on Geeklog.net?

since the original File Management plugin is no longer under active development (and neither are its forks), it would make sense to switch to the Download plugin, which is maintained (and has an import function).

Things to consider: Since the URLs are not compatible - how much do we care about those?

I don't care too much about incoming links - we could at least redirect them to the index page of the Downloads plugin and let visitors search from there. I care a little more about the links all over geeklog.net, though.

So my question is: How easy would it be to fix those? They're certainly not all using autotags (which were a late addition to the plugin), but that could probably be fixed with a few regexps and SQL requests.

But I guess the file ids would also change? I.e. File Management file 42 would not be same as Downloads file 42. If that's the case, it would make a switchover a lot harder. We currently have 669 files in the File Management plugin. Fixing all those links manually would be a pain.

So what exactly does the import function of the Downloads plugin do? Is there a way to hook into it and maybe create some conversion code?

http://www.themobilepresenter.com/