[geeklog-devel] Speeding Up Geeklog

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Fri Jun 21 15:28:57 EDT 2013

Okay

I have updated the code to use cache files for the $_TOPIC tree array it the
admin has caching enabled. So right now there are 2 ways it is stored. The
second way is when caching is disabled the logged in users topic tree info
is stored in the sessions table along with the anonymous users stored in the
vars table.

With my test db of only 13 topics to create (I can see sites using a lot
more topics (I have one planned with over 50)) it takes

0.012622833251953 seconds

on average to create the topic array. To retrieve the topic array from the
session variable or cache file it takes about the same time (cache is
slightly faster) at

0.00091695785522461 seconds

So storing the data is much quicker. Plus the more topics you have the
greater your time savings will be.

Tom