[geeklog-devel] CrowdTranslation-LANG array mapping

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jun 22 10:49:15 EDT 2013

Tom wrote:

> I am a little confused (my own doing as I haven’t kept up on the project), I was thinking the translations would be done on its own page from a list and not on the actual page.

When doing it on a separate page, you lose the context. So you get a snippet of text that you're supposed to translate - but you don't know where or how it is being used. That information can make a difference for the translation.

How exactly this could (and can) be done is still under discussion. Some AJAX magic with in-place editing would be cool. Or you could do it like Jenkins does (show the translatable text in a separate box that pops up when you click "Help us localise this page").

In any case, you need a way to figure out which text strings are actually coming from the language file and which ones are site content or things like block titles.

>  I don’t think we would want to alter core/plugins language files directly (unless at the end when everything is approved). Your Crowd Sourcing Translation Plugin (CSTP) should keep it separate.

Yep. But I'd be willing to accept new hooks, plugin APIs or rules ("to make your code work with the translation plugin, you have to do this …") where necessary.

> I don’t think anonymous users should be allowed to translate anything.

Yep, we already agreed on that.

http://www.themobilepresenter.com/