[geeklog-devel] A few observations and ideas from our local Webmontag

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Tue May 14 20:25:57 EDT 2013

1) Maybe it is the Geek in me but I would probably only use it for making
quick corrections. Maybe it is time though to think  more on this since we
are planning to drop the FCK Editor and move to CK Editor. A quick search
shows that the CKEditor does have inline Editing (HTML 5).

2) Makes sense since that is how I scan most things. I still think the right
column can work on sites that use them for the less important blocks
(especially for returning users who know where to look for certain
information)

3) Definitely a chance to improve security that isn't difficult to code.
Having the option to choose a new root user name is a good idea. We should
also probably recommend that Admins should have an alternate user name with
less security clearance to use when posting new articles, etc... Another way
to do this would be to have a display name (for display purposes) and a
separate username for logging in (or for normal Geeklog accounts have them
use the email address to login)

Tom