[geeklog-devel] Help regarding Feature Request #1606, identifying a page refresh

Rishabh Raj rishabhr123 at gmail.com
Sun May 19 10:09:03 EDT 2013

IMHO, the view counter does not refer to the number of unique people who
have seen an article but instead help in measuring the popularity of the
article.

Setting a cookie would not allow me to gauge that.

My point being this feature of checking out the popularity of an article
can be misused by just going on refreshing the page, we may need to figure
out something ingenious for countering that.
HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL and HTTP_PRAGMA may help us out, i am not a 100% sure
though.

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Sandeep kaur <mkaurkhalsa at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Rishabh Raj <rishabhr123 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >      This is regarding discussion about a feature request #1606.
> >      http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1606
> >
> <snip>
> > Any other ideas as to how to identify a page-refresh ?
> >
> I think there is no solution other than setting a cookie so that you
> can check whether the user have visited the site or not.
>
> --
> Sandeep Kaur
> E-Mail: mkaurkhalsa at gmail.com
> Blog: sandymadaan.wordpress.com

-Rishabh Raj
International Institute of Information Technology
Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500032
Ph: +917842797467