[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Comments spanning multiple pages for Article and Staticpages

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Wed May 29 17:52:08 EDT 2013

When articles and staticpages have a lot of comments Geeklog will produce
multiple pages for these comments (the default is after 100 comments).

For these pages a canonical link is created which points to the original
(first) page. This gets around the issue of duplicate content being
triggered for the content of the staticpage or article  but it doesn't
really address the fact that the comments on these pages are unique.

I was wondering if we should have a config option which would specify if you
want the article or staticpage being duplicate on these extra comment pages?
If you set this to false then they would not and the comments would be
listed (and we wouldn't need to use a canonical link here).

Thoughts?