[geeklog-devel] Geeklog OAuth Logins Working

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sat Sep 7 14:12:58 EDT 2013

Okay the Facebook OAuth login method is now working perfectly. The OAuth
class now uses the pear HTTP/Request2 .php library for downloading the
picture  since Facebook Graph was sending us a redirect to the url of the
picture. Request2 can handle redirections.

So this means all OAuth methods should now be working

- Facebook Login
- Twitter Login
- LinkedIn Login
- Google Login
- Microsoft Login (or Live Login)
- Yahoo Login
- Re-synch of user account (found in My Account) using each of the above
login methods

BTW the OAuth library we are using supports the following OAuth servers:

Bitbucket, Box.net, Disqus, Dropbox, Eventful, Facebook, Fitbit, Flickr,
Foursquare, github, Google, Instagram, LinkedIn, Microsoft, RightSignature,
Salesforce, Scoop.it, StockTwits, SurveyMonkey, Tumblr, Twitter, XING and
Yahoo.

So more OAuth login methods can be added to Geeklog, it would just mean
adding in the appropriate Geeklog config values, images, and updating our
wrapper class oauthhelper.class.php

Tom