[geeklog-devel] Open Graph metadata to improve Facebook sharing

Dan Stoner danstoner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 17:12:43 EDT 2014

Hi Ivy,

The OGP plugin seems to work just fine.  Without any configuration
(just the installation) the plugin adds the ogp metadata to every
page. I did not do the configuration to enable Facebook "Likes", etc.
which requires a FB app registration.

In my case I am happy that the first image in an article is used for
"og:image" rather than my ads or other graphics on the page.  Same
with text from the article (rather than text from one of my blocks).

For example:

http://thatlinuxbox.com/blog/article.php/20070811121832926

Now includes this metadata:

<!-- Open Graph Protocol --><meta property="og:site_name"
content="thatlinuxbox.com">
content="http://thatlinuxbox.com/blog/article.php/20070811121832926">
content="http://thatlinuxbox.com/blog/images/articles/20070811121832926_1.jpg">
lineup... Beer selection courtesy of Ward's Grocery and Gator
Beverage.">

And if I share on Facebook the image from the article appears as I would expect.

Thanks again!

- Dan Stoner