[geeklog-devel] new auto tags in gl2.1

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Tue May 27 06:56:30 EDT 2014

Sorry I haven`t gone more in-depth on this.  (Side note: I have been really
busy at work and at home hence the delay of me getting a few things done.  I
have been itching to put more time into Geeklog but that realistically
probably will  not happen till the end of summer.)

As you found out the related items autotag is nothing fancy. It just lists
any items that belong to the same topics as the item id it is given. If
nothing else belongs to the topics then nothing is returned. It doesn`t take
child topics into account but this could easily be added with a flag in the
autotag and a few code tweaks.

To do anything more fancy would require a new plugin api as you stated...
probably something similar to the search api.

Tom