[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 2.2.0 - What do we want?

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Wed Oct 1 20:56:59 EDT 2014

1. As far as I know no one is currently working on updating the themes
included with Geeklog to use the 'gl-' prefix. It has been a work in
progress. With the plans to redesign themes for Geeklog 3 is there any point
in continuing to develop these themes (beyond fixing bugs for Geeklog 2.x )?

2. I assume you are saying that the id's should be in template files only
and not generated by code?

3. Creating a unique id is easy enough the trick is doing it in a logical
way that someone can figure out what the id is (for css or javascript
purposes). I guess we will need a naming convention for ids along with css
as well. In the page navigation example maybe we need to include a required
variable passed into the function that will add a suffex to the id. This way
whatever is creating the page navigation (like a plugin) can add in its own
suffix and thereby knows beforehand what it's possible ids are. Anyone else
have a better way?

4. If you have an autotag in a template and you have caching enabled then
the autotag output will be cached as well

>> I intend to design a quite different directory structure to hold theme
files, besides I'll document the API

Not surprised and I think it is needed

>> Please object if this is felt as a mistake.

No problem, and thanks for the work you have put in this so far. I will help
(and I am sure others) out when testing is needed and on other stuff when I
get a chance.

Tom