[geeklog-devel] geeklog wiki mediawiki upgrade

Dan Stoner danstoner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 08:58:07 EDT 2015

The geeklog wiki is running an outdated version of mediawiki.

http://wiki.geeklog.net/

I started to look at upgrading to the latest release in the 1.19 LTS branch.

However, further investigation showed that 1.19 will be discontinued in May
(next month).

So... I probably need to upgrade to latest and greatest.  I may also
migrate to a new VPS server (same provider, just new server with more
recent Linux OS installed) which would need a DNS record update to point to
the new server.

I might still go ahead and do the intermediate upgrade soonish if I find a
few hours of free time.

Please let me know of timing concerns, comments, considerations, etc.

Thanks,

- Dan Stoner