[geeklog-devel] Plugins and Templates and a bit about the Forum plugin

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sat Feb 28 10:20:42 EST 2015

Just a quick update on the progress of the forum switch to a responsive
layout using uikit.

I pretty much have the center block, categories, form topics, and topic
pages all finished.

I am currently working on the new post page and then on to the report and
admin pages.

I have used pretty much all ukit classes and very FEW custom classes.

I have pulled a lot of html  out of the forum code (for images, etc) and
added them to the templates to make styling items easier.

I have also removed a number of template files and switched to using
template blocks (within the template files) were it made sense to do so.  I
didn't go as far as I planned with this. I may go further were it makes
sense once I have finished everything else but there is a trade off as the
template files themselves get a little bit more complicated.

With the responsive theme to cut down on page clutter (especially on smaller
view ports) I have moved a number of buttons (for example on the forum
topics page) to a tools menu button.

I have also kept the original forum templates (which is now the default
template) with the plugin. It looks exactly the same as before but has been
updated with the new template blocks and template variables (and the removal
of the unused template files).

Tom