[geeklog-devel] Spam-X IP Blacklist

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sun Feb 7 10:27:39 EST 2016

I believe that would be the Stop Forum Spam module. It is enabled on
Geeklog.net. It checks new registration email addresses against the stop
forum spam database. If there is a match (there is a confidence threshold)
it is recorded (along with the IP address) by SPAM-X so we don't keep
spamming the SFS database with requests if it is a bot spamming us.

The Ban plugin has something similar though it checks every visit and not
just a new user registration. Banned IPs also have a TTL option so they can
be setup to eventually expire.

Tom