[geeklog-devel] Contributing to a Github repository

cordiste cordiste at free.fr
Wed Jan 20 06:16:35 EST 2016

Now that we are on Github, we must decide what is the best way for
people to contribute to code.

It seems to be a good practice to add a CONTRIBUTING label in the
README.md file, so I propose the following steps based on the Github
documentation:

1. Fork the repository and clone it locally.
2. Create a branch: your branch name should be descriptive, so that
others can see what is being worked on.
3.Add commits to your branch: add, edit, or delete one or more files
and make tests
4.Open a Pull Request: by using GitHub's @mention system in your Pull
Request message, you can ask for feedback from specific people or
teams
5.Before merging we discuss and review your code. The person or team
reviewing your changes may have questions or comments.

Thank you to modify and / or supplement this.

Ben