[geeklog-devel] wiki.geeklog.net mediawiki migration

Dan Stoner danstoner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:36:23 EDT 2016

I will leave the old one up for a while. I know that some ISPs cache
records for a long time.

I am seeing traffic in the new server weblogs (including spiders from
Google et al) so things are moving along.

Also, I think the email situation is in good order. The server's IP address
was actually on a spam blacklist, probably due to previous bad owners, but
I was able to get it removed (and suddenly a bunch of my test emails were
delivered ok).

Looking ahead, once the move is settled down I will try to perform one last
mediawiki upgrade to bring the site up to the latest LTS that is compatible
with the PHP I am running.  That mediawiki version will be supported until
June 2017, so hopefully this gives a reasonable timebox on you guys moving
the wiki content to an integrated DokuWiki.

Thanks!

- Dan Stoner