[geeklog-translations] Language file changes in Geeklog 1.5.0

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon May 5 15:32:55 EDT 2008

The first beta of Geeklog 1.5.0 is now available for download from
geeklog.net.

As usual, the language files in this release have been updated so that
all the new text strings have been added (in English) to all the
existing language files. For the first time, this is also true for the
plugins that we're shipping with Geeklog. I hope this makes your life a
little bit easier.

There's also yet another new language file in Geeklog 1.5.0 now: The
install script can now also be localized. The language files for the
install script are located in

  /path/to/geeklog/public_html/admin/install/language

Here's a few hints to important changes in the language files:

- Geeklog 1.5.0 replaces the config.php files with a configuration GUI.
So all references to config.php should be removed from the language
file. Instead, please refer to "the Configuration admin panel" or simply
"the Configuration" as you see fit.

This affects $LANG24[77], $LANG28[55], $LANG_DB_BACKUP['not_found'].

- There are quite a few new strings for the configuration. This
shouldn't come as surprise since there were over 180 options in
config.php. And now they're all in the language file and wait to be
translated. Sorry about that ...

- If you're providing an update to a language, you only need to
translate either the UTF-8 or the non-UTF-8 version - I can convert the
result accordingly.

As usual, please send any updated translations to myself, to this list,
or upload them on geeklog.net. And please don't forget to pack them in
a .zip or .tar.gz archive to protect special characters from getting
mangled. Thank you!

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/