[geeklog-users] Geeklog mailing lists and the spam problem ...

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Tue Apr 8 04:22:44 EDT 2003

In the wake of <http://www.geeklog.net/
article.php?story=20030319180103719> we've decided to try and hide the
email addresses from the postings on geeklog-users (as you probably
noticed). The problem is that there's currently no easy way to hide
addresses from the list archives - and, of course, any potential spammer
could simply subscribe to the list and grab the addresses of people
posting there.

Also, it seems that the spammers have now found out about our mailing
lists and started spamming them. So I have two questions for you:

1) Would you like to see the "anonymous" posts on all our lists or would
you like to see it reversed?

2) Do you think we should close the lists so that only subscribed users
can post to them?

http://geeklog.info/