[geeklog-users] Installation error

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Fri Aug 1 09:05:33 EDT 2003

>[...] then finally the following line, which I
>presume is significant, since it implies that the mysql_connect( ... )  is
>going to fail?
>
>MySQL access: @:

Damn.

> global $_CONF, $_DB_dbms, $_TABLES;
[...]
> @mysql_connect ($_DB_host, $_DB_user, $_DB_pass);

Question of the day: What is missing here?

Yep, the "global" statement is missing the $_DB_host, $_DB_user,
$_DB_pass variables, hence the mysql_connect will fail.

Not sure why this hasn't been noticed earlier. Maybe it's because you're
running MySQL 4 - it may be handling this differently.

In any case, it's a bug in the install script. Add those three variables
to the "global" statement in function INST_createDatabaseStructures() and
see if that helps.

Thanks for your help finding this.

http://www.macosx-faq.de/