[geeklog-users] Illegal MIME chars found in header

Lucas Gonze lgonze at panix.com
Mon Dec 15 16:00:51 EST 2003

The emailed password to a new user of my system just caused the
following bounce message.  I really don't see the problem, so I'm
hoping that other geeklog sites have encountered it already.  Here's
the bounce, with domains changed to protect the innocent:

Attention: admin at foo.org

A problem was found in an Email message you sent.
This Email scanner intercepted it and stopped the entire message
reaching its destination.

The problem was reported to be:

Illegal MIME chars found in header

Please contact your I.T support personnel with any queries regarding
this
policy.

Your message was sent with the following envelope:

MAIL FROM: admin at foo.org
RCPT TO:   bay at barnet

... and with the following headers:

---