[geeklog-users] Is there any hope for my site?

Ola Ogunneye OOgunney at adventisthealthcare.com
Mon Dec 29 09:17:40 EST 2003

Hello guys,

I have been posting in the forum, and I cannot seem to resolve my
problem. My site is ready locally. When I browse my site on the
webserver, I get the desired result. However, when I browse it from the
internet, It does not work.

The following are pertinent information for my system

Router -WAN IP 216.49.74.183  LAN IP 192.168.1.1
Server LAN IP 192.168.1.22
Sever DNS entry 192.168.1.22 - Microsoft recommended

Windows 2000 Advanced Server with Active Directory and Local DNS
Apache 2.0.47
PHP 4.3.2
Mysql 4.0.13
Geeklog 1.3.8
Gallery 1.4

My docroot is d:/apache/apache2/htdocs/feyiola_public

When I had my $_CONF['site url'] as http:'localhost' it works perfectly
well on my webserver but it cannot be viewed on the internet, it shows
broken links. When I change the localhost entry to www.feyiola.com, then
locally I get the broken links.

I have attached my httpd.conf and the config.php for you to look at.

As at now, the localhost is the entry in the site url. so if you go to
the site, you will get the site with broken links.

Am I supposed to share any of my directories to make my site work?

Please I am desperate. It is not working and I think it has something
to do with my config.php file.

Ola