[geeklog-users] install problems?

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Feb 3 12:32:11 EST 2003

You can try version 4.  I don't think it is considered a stable release so
any problems you may have with that version will go unsupported.  If it
where me I'd simply download the source.

--Tony

 On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Dave Price
wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 02:32:29PM +0100, Dirk Haun wrote:
> > Dave Price <davep at kinaole.org> wrote:
> >
> > >1121: Column 'date' is used with UNIQUE or INDEX but is not defined as
> > >NOT NULL
> >
> > Your version of MySQL is too old. See <http://www.geeklog.net/docs/
> > install.html#installprob> (sligthly different error message, same problem).
> >
> > Please note, however, that the second solution mentioned there (to remove
> > two lines from mysql_tableanddata.php) is out of date. You should really
> > upgrade your MySQL install or you will run into other problems later. Not
> > to mention the security issues with MySQL versions older than 3.23.54 ...
> >
> There are no newer .deb packages ... should i be installing v4.0.9-0
> from source?
>
> aloha,
> dave

Tony Bibbs         | "I guess you have to remember that those who don't |
tony at tonybibbs.com | hunt or fish often see those of us who do as       |
                   | harmlessly strange and sort of amusing. When you   |
                   | think about it, that might be a fair assessment."  |
                   | --Unknown                                          |