[geeklog-users] Install: .thtml up-load errors

Gandalf roy at royzemi.com
Sat Feb 8 23:54:52 EST 2003

Simple questions for a new installation:

1. I'm attempting to up-load a set of files to a server over a slow FTP
link. On install I get the 'Parse error:.....'/'Fatal error:....' errors
that the instructions say is possibly due to file corruption. This might be
an obvious "yes", but could this happen because files have not been
up-loaded in the right ASCII mode? (My FTP client seems to have problems
with the .thtml files so I'm re-uploading 1 set at a time and its taking
forever).

2. Also, this is a rented server and I only have access to the web documents
folder. I do have a CGI-BIN directory which cannot be directly accessed from
a browser (ie "http://xxx/cgi-bin/" alone returns "Access forbidden"). Is it
a problem to put the non- public_html files in this kind of directory or
will it not work?

Thanks

Professor Roy Larke
UMDS, JAPAN