[geeklog-users] possible to disable user login?

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Feb 24 13:34:14 EST 2003

Salsich, Luke <LJS at protectorgroup.com> wrote:

>However, I am working on
>a new site where I don't want visitors to be able to login or to be given
>the opportunity to login. But, obviously I (as admin) would still need to be
>able to either login on the site

Why not simply hide the user functions block from anonymous users (the
user functions block displays the login form when people are not logged
in yet)? As the Admin, you could still log in via http://yoursite/
users.php?mode=login

Also, activate the user submission queue (in config.php) so that people
who register nonetheless don't get access to the site.

This has been discussed on www.geeklog.net before - you may want to do a
search on this.

http://geeklog.info/