[geeklog-users] Wierd timezone issue

Airamis77 airamis77 at thebluemachine.com
Wed Feb 26 01:23:32 EST 2003

I applied this timezone hack to my site

config.php
=======

add line
$_CONF['timezone'] = 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur';

lib-common.php

add line after

require_once('/path/to/config.php');

if ( !empty($_CONF['timezone'])
&& !ini_get("safe_mode")) {
putenv("TZ=".$_CONF['timezone']);
}

Now my site is located on a server in HongKong but I want it to dislay EST. With this hack certain things work and others dont. The geeklog forums run perfectly with the correct time and date. But the posted story times are 12 hours slow, and the events are 12 hours fast.

Before this hack I had applied the original time hack of adjusting the $stamp = time() but I have gone thru every file and reversed these changes. Anyone got a clue what went wrong, or how I could adjust the events and stories to catch up with the rest of the site?