[geeklog-users] Static URLs

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Jan 6 00:34:56 EST 2003

This has come up a number of times in the past.  Searching the lists
won't help since we couldn't bring them over from SourceForge.  This has
  been a bit of a thorny issue.  We haven't tackled this problem to-date
because there didn't seem to be a good way to support this for both
windows and unix.  Furthermore, the amount of change required and all
the regression testing that goes with it doesn't help make a convincing
argument.  Recently a PEAR (http://pear.php.net) package has surfaced
that may support this and we plan to look at it and other options for
Geeklog 2.  Probaby not the answer you want but there is the history for
you.  Another key is being Google is the most widely used search engine,
  your Geeklog site will index just fine.  Mine does.  It's just all the
other search engines that cause problems (not that this invalidates your
point).

So for Geeklog 1.3.x don't hold your breath...but you can probably find
it in GL2 if we can find a OS/web server independent way to do this.

--Tony