[geeklog-users] mailing list

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Jan 22 09:10:16 EST 2003

Here is a brief overview of the steps:
1) add the /path/to/geeklog/emailgeeklogstories to your crontab.  Be sure
the user who teh script will execute under has execute permissions on that
file
2) in config.php set $_CONF['emailstories'] on
3) go into usersettings.php and there is a section of code in edituser()
that is commented out.  Uncomment that code.
4) Log in and go to account information and set it to email digest nightly
5) go to display preferences and select the topics you want to get email
for
6) Test by running the script.  NOTE: when testing, the date of the last
run of the digest is stored in the vars table.  You will need to set the
to a time in the past if you want to retest.

--Tony