[geeklog-users] Installation Problem Step 2 of 3 Completed 1050 on Step 3....

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Fri Jul 18 08:12:56 EDT 2003

Hello all,
I am a newbie that just started building my own site about 4 weeks ago.
Back then I had finished my installation of Geeklog 1.3.7rc2 and when I
proceeded to install Gallery on my machine, something crazy happened. So
I tried to uninstall everything and started over. In my starting over, I
ended up changing locations of my installation files... My Apache that
was formerly installed under Program Files directory on the C-Drive now
resides at the root of D-Drive and so does GEEKLOG.

Because of the problem I had during my first install, I statrted
everything over and just installed Geeklog 1.3.8rc2 on Apache 2.0.47,
PHP 4.3.2, MySql 4.0.13. All running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

I had in the course of installing mysql created 3 additional databases
other than test and mysql.

However, when I installed Geeklog and went to //my geeklog
site/admin/install/... I got to step 2 and all was fine but when I hit
the continue button, all I got on step 3 was

1050: Table 'gl_access' already exists

I am using a database that I just created on my new installation, should
I then use another of the databases I just created and delete the first
one or by just changing the config.inc.php will be enough.

Please note that being a newbie, I only greated the databases and did
not create any tables in them, but when I went to look through
PHPMYADMIN after this error message from Geeklog, I found about 38 or so
tables in the database and the first one was   gl_access.

Would using a different database solve my problem? While we are at it,
Can I use any theme in my config.inc.php  The default theme is
XSilver... Can I change that to say Yahoo or any of the other themes
that are accessible at the geeklog homepage?

Thank you all in advance....